Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Cheesecake
I have to say one of my favorite fruits is banana and you can’t go wrong with a winning combination of peanut butter and chocolate!!
Note: this recipe is a slight variation from a previous chocolate banana cheesecake. Here I add cacao in the filling and add bananas with ganache on top of slices.
Use a 5x8 inch pan that is very square at the corners unlike the glass Pyrex ones that have a curve on all sides. If using curved pan your treats when cut will tip on its side when served on a plate. – I know because I’ve made this mistake.
1/2 cup Buckwheat groats ground
1/2 cup raw almonds
1 tbsp cacao
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tbsp water
Small pinch sea salt
1. Add buckwheat groats to a food processor and blend until super fine, add all almonds and cacao pulse until crumbly, add peanut butter, maple syrup, pinch sea salt and blend until crust holds together when pressed if too dry add the 2 tbsp water.
Press crust into 5x8 inch parchment lined bread pan. Now make the filling
1 cup cashews soaked 4 hours then rinsed
¼ cup pure maple syrup, or agave or brown rice syrup – which I don’t use
1 cup full fat coconut milk from can
1 large ripe banana
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
¼ cup unsalted peanut butter
2 tbsp raw coconut oil - melted
3 tbsp coconut butter soft or melted
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ tsp ground cinnamon
Small pinch sea salt
1. Add all ingredients for filling to a powerful blender such as Vitamix and blend until very creamy
2. Add on top of the crust and let firm for 6-8 hours covered in freezer
3. Lift out of loaf pan place on cutting board and cut 8 squares. Melt your chocolate and cut one banana into sliceds
Method Chocolate Ganache
Use your favorite raw chocolate ganache recipe or use mine, which isn’t raw and uses melted organic chocolate bar
2.5 oz chocolate bar chopped into small pieces and placed in stainless steel bowl
¼ cup non dairy milk
Tiny pinch sea salt
1. Boil the milk and add it to the bowl of chopped chocolate. Let it sit for a minute then stir and add pinch sea salt and stir again. Work quickly before chocolate firms. Drizzle chocolate on each slice of cake. Dip two slices of banana in chocolate for each cake and finish with chopped peanuts.
Keep cake covered in fridge